Top 4 Brushes for Golden Retrievers
Brushing one’s dog every day can help to reduce the amount of fur and hair left around your house. It may as well give you extra time to bond with your dog. If you brush your Golden Retriever daily, you are also making sure that its fur is shiny and tangle-free.
I have four Golden Retrievers and brushing all of them on a daily basis is on my priority list. Not only does brushing reduce their shedding problem, but it also helps me in keeping their coat healthy as well as lustrous. I really love all of my Golden Retrievers and I want the best grooming tools for them. This is why I have written this article so that you too can take cue from it and use the best brushes on your Golden Retriever as well.
Spending some money on the best brush for your Golden Retriever is definitely worth it. In this article, you’ll also get a few tips as to how you can groom your Golden Retriever other than using a brush on him or her.
Why Golden Retrievers Need Brushing More Often
1. For a cleaner dog: I prefer to use a brush for my Golden Retrievers as much as possible because I personally find it the best way to decrease the amount of shedding. For me, my all four Golden Retrievers mean a lot to me so I try to keep them clean all the time. This helps them in multiple ways like the dogs are kept from getting irritated and annoyed. Also, at the same time, when my dogs are clean, they enjoy life to the fullest. Andis Premium Pet Grooming Tools comes in handy for brushing your Golden Retriever in the same way as it has been useful to me.
2. For a cleaner house: Brushing your Golden Retriever might be taking away a bit of their fur. But this is the best way to have your house cleaner significantly, especially when you have dogs running all around the house whole day. You should try using The Pet Portal Pro Quality Self Cleaning Slicker Brush if you want to give your Golden Retriever the best brushing and at the same time keep your place clean. Plus, this brush removes hair knots, tangles, mats, and loose hair from your dog’s fur, thus keeping its fur soft, shiny, and clean.
3. For your dog’s healthy lifestyle: There might be several reasons as to why one needs to brush their pet’s hair more often. But giving it a healthy lifestyle should always remain one’s top priority. Brushing helps in removing dirt and spreading the natural oils that keeps a dog’s coat and skin healthy.
Apart from that, brushing also helps you in checking, preventing, and removing tangles and mats in your dog’s fur. It helps in preventing skin irritations, lumps, and bumps as well. I recommend one should try using TropiClean D-Mat Pet Tangle because it helps in getting rid of mats as well as tangles without hurting my lovely pets at all.
4. For having extra bonding time: Golden Retrievers are considered to be among the most popular dogs these days. They are intelligent, friendly, and they make great family pets. Yes! They make great family pets and make you care for them and love them unconditionally.
Brushing your Golden Retriever’s hair and having them healthy and fit would buy you some extra bonding time with them. You and your golden pets would get to have more relaxing moments with each other. You can check out Go Pet Club Dog and Cat Pet Grooming Hair Dryer for your Golden Retriever as it can easily as well as quickly dry your dog’s soft fur after you bathe him or her.
Top 5 Brushes for Golden Retrievers In The Market
1. Safari Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush for Dogs
The Safari Self Cleaning Slicker Brush is the best brush for dogs as it provides excellent grooming results. This slicker brush ensures that you have to put in minimal efforts for grooming your dog.
Even when I used this brush for the very first time I found it quite good at what it promises to be; just so perfect. The slicker brush for dogs brushes in the direction of where the hair is growing.
Therefore, it helps in taking care of the dog’s fur with gentle strokes. The Safari Self Cleaning Slicker Brush is absolutely flawless for using with safari grooming comb because it has been designed for use on large dogs.
2. Andis Premium Pet Grooming Tools
If you are looking for something that gives the maximum amount of output, the Andis Premium Pet Grooming Tool is the one you should be going for. This grooming tool completely removes dead hair from the dog’s undercoat and the topcoat. It has an anti-slip gear handle, which is very soft and comfortable to use on your dogs, especially if it has long hair.
Andis Premium Pet Grooming Tool helps in stimulating hair follicles because of which there is the growth of healthier and stronger hair. This tool completely removes the dirt from hair and coat of the dog and helps to eliminate tangles, whether small or big in size.
3. Petio Basics - Self Cleaning Slicker Brush
The self-cleaning slicker brush from Petio Basics penetrates itself deep into the coat of the animal and helps in detangling and removing mats, which cannot be touched by the bristles. This slicker brush, when I used it, helped reduce shedding for my Golden Retrievers. Plus, it helped in easy cleaning. Its 1-button retractable bristles make it very simple to remove loose hair as well.
I personally have used this product and I would say that although this one can be a little painful for dogs, it helps in cleaning off the hair with a stroke. Doesn’t matter if it is a large sized or a medium one, this brush tends to work out perfectly on all size of dogs.
4. Pro Quality Self Cleaning Slicker Brush for Dogs and Cats
This product works just fine for long haired as well as short-haired dogs. The self-cleaning slicker brush helps in removing mats, tangles, and dirt from the dog’s coat without any effort. It is very easy to clean as it has a cleaning feature, which provides excellent grooming results.
The brush is efficient to use, it remains very gentle on your pet’s skin, and it’s soft bristles do not either hurt your pet at all. This pro quality self cleaning slicker brush removes even the thickest hair coats of your pet.
5. Go Pet Club Pet Grooming Hair Dryer
This product has been made for suiting lively and sensitive dogs since it is equipped with a low-noise technology. It comes with diverse attachments for getting deeper into your dog’s fur for utmost drying.
It is suitable for different sized huskies. You can use a lower speed setting for smaller, delicate dogs and a higher one for sturdier dogs. Also, there are two temperature settings in this hair dryer. I really like the affordable price of this dryer and that it is easily portable owing to its compact design and lightweight features.
Tips To Groom Your Golden Retriever
Yes! Golden Retrievers need to be groomed and that too well enough. It isn’t like these dogs come shining and gleaming in the day with their golden hair just like that. Golden Retrievers have the most beautiful and feathery coats, which tend to get matted very often and very easily. Their three coats when get tangled cause a lot of trouble. Mine one rolls around all the time. Thus, their grooming is required more often because their double coats have heavy feathering. These coats can grow from 1 to 3 inches long.
Therefore, it is recommended to trim the hair of Golden Retrievers at least 0.5-1 inch every month. Another thing, which is important, is to brush their coats around 3 to 5 times a week so that the coat remains clean and tangling is prevented as much as possible.
This video might help you with that. Unwanted bacteria and germs can cause infections and troubles all the time. A Golden Retriever’s grooming doesn’t generally take more than 10 to 15 minutes, which means that it isn’t much of a task. Brushing also lessens the possibility of hair shedding. But still, these Golden Retrievers do shed heavily once or twice in a year. So, in order to help yourself with that, take a look at some tips for grooming your dog:
- Use a lint remover brush and shampoo
You can use a good lint remover brush or a simple slicker brush. Plus, a coconut or oatmeal shampoo might help while you bath your Golden Retriever.
- Don’t use sprays
One should remember not to use sprays since they generally contain chemicals, which might end up ruining your dog’s skin.
- Give a nutritious diet
One of the most important and useful tips that one can help in case of dog shedding is to feed their Golden Retriever a nutritious diet, which helps in naturally preventing a lot of illnesses and diseases.
- Keep them in a cozy environment and engaged
Keeping one’s dog in a comfortable and relaxed setting is one of the most important things I recommend. Golden Retrievers should be kept calm all the time and should be kept busy with fun and activities that are worthwhile.
- Remove its mats
Basic tools like a pin brush, an undercoat rake, a bristle brush, and a slicker brush to remove mats can help you a lot in grooming your Golden Retrievers.
With the help of some of these tips, one can provide their Golden Retriever the best care. Your lovely pet will remain fit and healthy. You will have a lovable dog with the coat that would be beautiful, lustrous, thick, and long.
You can make use of the Andis Premium Pet Grooming Tools for Dogs on your Golden Retriever since it’s the best choice among all the products listed here. This brush is available in different sizes of small, medium, and large so that you can choose according to your preferences. Moreover, it is ideal for all dog coat types and daily use.
The products and tips given in this article will surely work on your Golden Retriever since I have tried them on all four of my Golden Retrievers. And, I’m not saying this just because I own four dogs but also because I truly believe that dogs are those little rays of sunshine that have dropped on Earth just to make people happy.