5 Best Shampoos For Golden Retriever – Reviews & Buying Guide 2018
If you have a golden retriever in your house, then you must have seen the clumps of hair falling down in your dog’s room, during the season of shedding. A Golden Retriever requires grooming on a regular basis, which is once in every 2 months. Their coats get dirty and tangled if proper care is not taken.
I love Golden Retrievers. I have one Golden retriever and it is my priority to properly groom him. I use the 4-Legger Certified Organic Dog Shampoo to wash my dog’s hair. It not only keeps my dog’s hair silky and soft but it also reduces the issue of hair loss.
I personally think that it is the best shampoo for golden retrievers. I want best grooming products for my golden retriever as I cannot see him suffer from ailments. The reason why I am writing this article is because I know that your Golden Retriever is not just a dog but family to you. Therefore, I recommend you to use the best shampoo and other cleaning products for bathing your Golden Retriever.
Steps For Bathing A Golden Retriever
1) Assemble all the things that you need to bathe your Golden Retriever, i.e., conditioner, shampoo, scrub brush, a rinsing pitcher, and a petroleum jelly. Gather all these things before your dog jumps into the bathtub.
2) Brush your Golden’s hair properly before pouring water on its body. Use KONG ZoomGroom, Dog Grooming Toy for brushing your Golden Retriever. Please ensure that the coat is free from tangle as wet tangles get very tight.
3) Apply a petroleum jelly on your dog’s eyes before applying soap, so that your dear dog’s eyes don’t get hurt. After that, turn on the tap, please ensure that the temperature is somewhere between lukewarm and cool.
4) Wet the coat of your Golden Retriever so that the portion beneath the coat also gets wet. Use a scrub brush or your own hands to shampoo the coat of your dog. Gently massage the skin of your Golden Retriever, don’t forget about the legs, tail, and belly, keeps on massaging until the foam comes up. Use the 4-Legger Certified Organic Dog Shampoo to clean the fur of your dog.
5) If you are applying the coat conditioner, then use the Earthbath Oatmeal and Aloe Conditioner to condition the fur of your Golden Retriever and then rinse it. If the instructions say that the spraying of conditioner must be done after the bath, then do as instructed.
6) Use the Snuggly Dog Towel to dry the coat of your Golden Retriever. Your dog may give you a helping hand in this by shaking his body. The coat of your dog can get dry automatically after some time but if you want to speed-up the process, then use the Go Pet Club Dog Hair Dryer. Keep the Golden Retriever a few inches away from the dryer. You can also brush your Golden’s hair at the time of blow-drying.
Best 5 Shampoos For The Golden Retrievers In The Market
1. Pro Pet Works Natural Oatmeal Dog Shampoo
If you are searching for a natural conditioner as well as a shampoo for your golden retriever, then Pro Pet Works Natural Oatmeal Dog Shampoo is a great choice for you. This shampoo is rich in aloe vera and oatmeal and it works really well for the pets that are allergic to flea bites, food, and grass. This product does not consist of alcohol and harsh chemicals like sulphate. Plus, this shampoo is safe for your pets as it does not have any smell.
This item is good for pets that have a dry and itchy skin. This shampoo has an amazing sent. It does not irritate the nose and eyes of your dog. It is an economical shampoo. Moreover, it eliminates the requirement for dog deodorizer. It has a wonderful odor that lasts the entire day.
2. Professional Grade Dog Shampoo
This is considered as one of the best dog and puppy shampoos. This shampoo is the first choice for the dog owners as well as groomers who do not want to use harsh synthetic and man-made chemicals for grooming their dear pet. This shampoo is the pack of all in one as it performs the functions of cleaning, detangling, and conditioning.
This shampoo is a combination of 5 different cleansers. This shampoo is a perfect choice, if your dog is going through some medical issues. This shampoo is also great for the dogs with less hair. Moreover, this shampoo has a great effect of miniaturization.
3. Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs with Shea Butter
Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs with Shea Butter is a wonderful shampoo that relieves the signs as well as symptoms of damaged dog’s skin. This shampoo is made of a formula, which leads to the cultivation of lustrous and thick coat. The shea butter and the oatmeal moisturize the skin. Moreover, the honey content has antiseptic as well as anti-bacterial qualities. This shampoo does not have any toxins. It has ingredients like colloidal oatmeal, shea butter, and a pure vegetable conditioner.
This shampoo is great for vegans and it can be recycled. The unique qualities of this shampoo help your retriever in getting rid of dry and itchy skin. This shampoo is economical. Moreover, it is concentrated, therefore a little is enough at the time of washing.
4. 4-Legger Certified Organic Dog Shampoo
This shampoo is one of the best organic shampoos. It has incredibly amazing qualities of moisturizing; therefore it is the most suitable shampoo for the dogs that have sensitive skin. It contains ingredients like olive, jojoba oils, and coconut. It also consists of aloe vera and essential oils like rosemary and lemongrass. Additionally, it does not have any alcoholic content.
This shampoo does not have any artificial fragrances or alcohol. Moreover, it is advisable to use this shampoo, if your dog has skin issues. This shampoo has a packaging that can be recycled. This shampoo is great for dogs belonging to different age groups.
5. Isle of Dogs Everyday Violet Shampoo
Isle of Dogs Everyday Violet Shampoo does not only have an amazing smell but also has locks, which are very lustrous and silky. This shampoo has more chemicals in comparison to other products. This product has contents that can soften your golden retriever’s hair. It also has a leaf juice content that can smoothen your golden retriever’s hair.
This shampoo is gentle and can be used on a regular basis. It has ingredients like aloe barbedenes, dimethecone, PEG-12, PEG-40 caster oil. This shampoo is very easy to rinse and does not leave the residue behind. This shampoo helps in maintaining and managing strong as well as silky coat.
Things To Consider Before Buying a Shampoo for Your Golden Retriever
If your dog has a sensitive or dry skin, then you should choose a shampoo with ingredients like oatmeal and vitamin E, which is healthy for your Retriever’s skin. Golden Retrievers are particularly prone to allergies related to skin. Therefore, you should choose the product wisely.
1) Infestation of ticks and fleas
As these dogs have coats with light color, you should purchase a shampoo that brings back the shine of the hair when it gets dull. If your golden retriever has a problem with ticks and flea, then you should buy only that product that can kill or remove those pests from your Golden Retriever’s hair. Furthermore, you should bathe your Retriever more frequently.
If your Golden Retriever has been playing in the trash, then it is advisable for you to buy a shampoo, which can remove the bad odor. So, you should buy a shampoo that is full of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals so that the coat of your dog does not remain.
3) Age of your dog
Age of your dog is also one of the important factors based on which you take the decision to buy a shampoo. You cannot buy the same shampoo for the puppies and adult Golden Retrievers. You should look for a milder or tearless shampoo if your retriever is a small puppy. Try to look for a product that is a good conditioner as well as shampoo, which can aid you in grooming and detangling the hair of your pet.
If you are seeking a guide on how to shampoo the fur of your pet, then you can watch this video. This video is going to work as a guide and will give you good tips on how to bathe your dog.
So, these are some of the top shampoo products available for washing the hair of your golden retriever.
It is now time for you to make a decision to choose the shampoo that best fits your dog’s requirements. There are a lot of factors to consider before buying a product like the health of your dog, age of your dog, its odor, the price of the product, pros and cons of the product, etc. So, think thoroughly before taking a decision to buy a shampoo.
I would recommend you to buy the 4-Legger Certified Organic Dog Shampoo since it’s the best one among all the above. I have used it on my Golden Retriever so you can rest assured that it’ll work out great on your dog as well. And, if you like this article, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family on social media and feel free to leave your comments below.